Craving for a Hollywood smile is natural. It enhances your appearance and influences your social relationships. Cosmetic dentistry has evolved over the decades to revitalize your oral aesthetics, especially your smile. This is possible through dental veneers that are popular cosmetic procedures.
Vista family and cosmetic dentistry offers comprehensive dental veneers that can easily blend with your natural teeth to regain the spark in your smile.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are ultra-thin, slender, customized tooth-colored shells that are designed to cover the front surfaces of teeth. They help improve your appearance while also providing strength and resilience that is comparable to natural tooth enamel.
Veneers are fabricated according to the shape of your teeth and are bonded to the tooth’s original enamel during in-office procedures. There are two types of tooth-colored dental veneers, namely:
- Porcelain veneers
- Resin composite veneers
Who needs dental veneers?
Most often, dental veneers are opted to improve the aesthetic of your smile. They act as a cosmetic solution for a variety of reasons:
- To enhance the brightness of your smile
- To correct tooth discoloration
- To fix chips and tooth fractures
- To correct small malalignments
- To close gaps
- To replace old dental fillings
How can dental veneers benefit us?
Dental veneers offer a number of benefits. They:
- Do not require extensive tooth preparation
- Bend easily with your natural teeth
- Are stain-resistant
- Do not require additional maintenance
- Can dramatically enhance the appearance of your smile
- Have a lifespan ranging between 10 to 15 years
What is the procedure involved in the fabrication of dental veneers?
Having dental veneers is a relatively simple procedure. Below is the breakdown of the steps involved:
- Initial consultation:
- Your dentist will evaluate the health of your teeth through dental X-rays.
- Tooth preparation
- The affected tooth will be prepared by removing a sufficient amount of enamel and roughening it to help the cement adhere better.
- Your dentist will record impressions of your mouth and send them to the laboratory to fabricate the veneers according to your tooth measurements.
- You will be given a temporary veneer before you leave.
- Fitting and bonding the veneers
- Your temporary veneer will be removed after 2 weeks.
- The enamel surface will be cleaned to remove any residual debris.
- The tooth will be etched using a dental bonding agent, facilitating a good bond between the veneer and the tooth surface.
- Your dentist will then place the permanent veneer fabricated in the laboratory.
Dental veneers are a long-term solution to aesthetic tooth problems. Proper oral hygiene through regular brushing and flossing will help them last as long as possible. A beautiful smile feels great and can increase both your confidence and well-being.